So tired. Is this what 'burnout' feels like?
Things could be worse, though. I see the present as an exercise, a preparation for a potentially worse(?) future.
I asked myself a question once. A question that stemmed out of all the frustration that had been caged in me, the million dollar (possibly more) question that I fearfully realised that I had no answer to.
"Are you really happy?"
I stunned myself silence for several minutes, and then I was almost aware of the gush of blood that rushed through my cerebral circulation in an attempt for an honest response. Palpitations shook my heart against the ribs, and it felt as if I was given into tremors. The only sound I heard then was the sound of the fan above me, all noise but not as much efficient as I would like it to be.
Truth is unbearably bitter.
Then it dawned on me, as slowly as the rising sun but by no means as magnificent or illuminating: "Either way, you won't be happy. There'll always be something."
But Reason - wherever it exists within my person - was in time to reach out to me with a retort: "You're happiest as you are right now. Maybe not in the way it is normally believed what 'happiness' represents to the general population, but there is certainly no reason to believe that He has forsaken you."
Because some bits of my past are a testament to that - that God Works in miraculous ways; ways that one could never have imagined.
Perhaps happiness is when one doesn't compromise temporary joys to those that really, really matter. Saying things like "in the end, it doesn't really matter" really strains one own person in many different ways.
One thing is for sure: Resentment is like a cancer. It eats you up and leaves you worse for wear.
Current Music: Misery - Maroon Five
Friday, September 24, 2010
Painfully Honest
Penned by ad. Lucidus at 9:55 pm
Labels: anguish, guilty pleasures, incongruity, life, med-life



