I hate feeling like a moron, whether it's really my fault or it's someone else's doing. Maybe it's because of my pride thingy, but really, I don't think anyone likes the notion either.
Humour as a mature ego defense mechanism? Alas, I have not reached that level in these 20 years. My humour is, if I may say it as such, misplaced.
God, I feel like an idiot. I sure hope I'm not one for real.
The story is like this: I rushed home last minute, thinking that I've a cavity, whereas the dentist said that it's not. If anything, it's "in good shape".
I was struck. If I didn't keep my tongue in control, I would've blurted a "...what?".
Of course, doing that would make me look dumber. That is not good.
So maybe all the microbiology and parasitology classes are making me more paranoid than ever.
Not that I wish he was wrong - I love my teeth (and no, I'm not sharing my teeth with those bacteria, normal flora or not! So there, hah!) and I want them to stay normal and healthy. But the thought that my instinct has failed my - miserably - is just too unbearable and appalling.
Have I lost my so-called sixth sense? Or was it simply taking a holiday, leaving an incompetent replacement while it was away?
So why does my tooth still feel odd? Sharp margins, as if a fragment has chipped off from it?
...One explanation would be that I had, in my utter carelessness, exerted a little too much force in brushing, that a fragment just...could not take it anymore. If that were the case, it shows that I need more calcium.
Here's a random thought: Cut down on the chocolate, take more milk.
And about the I-feel-like-an-idiot-issue...the only way to resolve that one is by educating myself.
...
Ha ha.
...
Sigh.



