Friday, December 17, 2010

Limbo of Lingos

I thought I had a firm grasp on reading.

That was before I came face to face with the wall of words, lingos and terminologies that are destined to mess with my head.

Barely five minutes into this thing we're supposed to prepare - a seminar on Journal Presentation - and already my head is reeling like an unending roller coaster ride.

Maybe the main problem is I don't get a single idea of how it's supposed to be, and so the what does not follow. Or maybe it's the other way around - oh God, I have no idea. At all. I'm just overwhelmed by the influx of massive data that my brain wants to hit the 'pause' button - only that it's nowhere to be found.

Should I just let my right brain take over the ride? In that case there's a great danger of this journal literature review turning into a literature review of another sort - in which fiction reigns supreme and my imagination runs wild.

Is it possible to choke from reading too much? I mean, as of now, there are seven tabs on journals that are open. SEVEN! You can't even count that with one hand!

...

I need a break from all this.


Current Music: Say (All I Need) - OneRepublic

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com