Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Intermission #15

First post for year 2011. Whee(?).

I don't really like it how certain TV shows toy around with emotions. Maybe that's why we tune in to shows or hold on to books - we want to _feel_ something during the course and/or by the end of the journey, otherwise we're just robots computing the data that come in and nothing more. Otherwise we might as well skip those things and settle for other means of passing time or hobby.

I'm honestly getting so tired of reality shows. There'll be those who'll be painted as the bad persons, the kind of person you'll love to hate, and then we'll see how the contestants backstab each other and act all hypocritical and stuff. Yeah, yeah, it's real life, and nobody really plays nice anyway so where's the harm in that?

Oh, I don't know. I just don't like seeing things get ugly...and here you'll argue that if things remain all rosy and peaceful there will be no climax, no story. *shrug*

Could things get worse? Oh yeah. When local shows start copying the shows' formats and all. I mean, people, how's about some original ideas for a change!? It's terribly degrading!

...For the record, I rather think that The Biggest Loser is a bit unfair. People have different metabolic rates, yeah? (Or maybe it works the same way as...creativity in Project Runway or just about all the singing competitions out there.)

Oh. And I'm frankly sick of singing competitions already. How about coming up with lyrics that have better quality, or those that are more inspired? It'd be better than some echolalia or sounding like a bad broken record. Or word salad, whatever.

...But as long as these baneful shows still sell, there's no way those companies are going to stop churning them out. I suppose there will soon come a day that I may not need a television set - yerp, because even the news are not worth watching anyway. Pfft.

Current Music: Heaven - Jars of Clay

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com