Am astounded as to why my Internet connection seems to be lagging. *shoots death glares at ISP*
Anyway. Haven't been doing much worth bragging about. Haven't been practising my keyboard for over a week now, and my attempt at Japanese have been so-so. One good thing that I did achieve was the revival of my Xda II by purchasing a new battery for him, and that I've managed to download a programme plus plugins to enable it to play FLV. Score one for the home team! I'll probably try to sustain it for 2, 3 years until I get a new one...Though that doesn't say much, since a camera - which I've wanted for quite some time - is still under my lengthy Wish List.
On with the subject I've promised earlier: Money and Value.
I mentioned before how depressing news are lately. And people have been complaining how hard it is to make ends meet, how troublesome it will be if the government were to issue salary twice a month, how government was right is reducing the subsidy...and henceforth. Last night's news revealed that whole chickens are sold for RM8 each, houses are now 30% more expensive...
While I'm thankful that my middle-income family is not suffering too much, it never hurts to be a little more prudent. The government has been promoting lifestyle change but seriously, a mere 10% decrement in their own earnings is laughable at the very least when we compare that the fuel price hike reaches a whooping 40%. They've been driving luxurious car(s) around, so the reduction won't even give them a proper jolt to reality. A little pang to their pride and a little jab at their greed (if present), but nothing more.
...Maybe it's not too wise to talk about them too much. God Knows if the ISA would suddenly stumble across this little blog of mine...
At times, regret and guilt would come raining down on me. Regret for either having bought something which turned out to be unnecessary later on, or even for not buying something when the chance presented itself. Guilt naturally ensues after the phase of regret.
So when I was told that it's best to invest money rather than just saving up, I had to agree. Likewise, when smart spending is involved. Let's face it, although we might be able to accumulate tons of money in banks, with the high inflation rates and all, the value would go down, down, down. Even a lot of money won't be able to get you much in the end.
Oh, the sheer horror of it all.
I'm kind of surprised (and relieved?) that students under JPA scholarship haven't tried asking for a raise. It probably had something to do with a recent raise we got a couple of months back...
...Still, the fact that I can't afford to laze around remains. There's a serious need to buck up if I want to make it in this world.
So it's time to stop thinking about how am I going to get to own superfluous things - like an iPhone (...), or a PSP (...), or a PS3 (ha?), a bunch of CDs or DVDs, clothes and stuff...
Which gave me no real reason to go to the mall, unless for window shopping. But we all know it may lead to unnecessary spending, or in the case of non-spending, a severe case of depression when the realisation that I won't be able to own it hits me hard. Even so, driving to the mall would consume money too...
*groans*
Still, frankly speaking, I'm sick of staying at home. Maybe that's why I haven't been able to do much, be it the things that I usually enjoy doing or not.
It's a different case of homesickness.
Maybe I should go out tomorrow. So what if I'll be on my own? I'll just busy myself with reading at a bookstore. Besides, we live in a somewhat un-caring society anyway; one that doesn't bother with other people's business.
That's all.
Ah. In an out-of-character move, I've landed myself with a Facebook account. What has the world come to!?
That said, after your initial reluctance to get out from under the covers, we'd guess you're pretty eager to get your day going. And while you probably won't be up with the roosters (or at least volunteer to be), you're able to be surprisingly productive before noon. Sometimes you just may need a little nudge or strong cup of coffee to get going. Then you'll be off and running!
Current Music: You - Yuzuki
A song from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I even cropped it so that it'll become my ringtone. A surprising change of rhythm from Back-On or doa...Have I mellowed in the past few days?





