Sunday, November 16, 2008

Of Hate and People...and Hating People

Despite the negative ambiance the title is supposed to carry, it's better to view this entry as a sarcastic view of life's many colours.

(i) People
You know the inherent tendency to develop change. Simple examples like how one's worldview changes with each passing episode of one's life.
I just realised that it's not necessarily change per se...
...it's the discovery.
Initially you know the person's one aspect of personality, and then the other...The latter of which may seem to be in direct contradiction with the first.
It's only when you contemplate more on the complexity of human behaviours that everything - if not most things - start to click into place.
So maybe it's more complicated than just blaming everything on people changing. It's when the situation changes, and the person just reacts to it...just not the way you had expected or wanted him/her to.
...It's hard to accept, but hey, that's just the way it is.
Like I like to say : Life's a discovery.

(ii) Hate
Generally speaking, people hate someone either because they are bugged by it, or because they think they're superior to it. Overlap between the two may occur.
But seeing how they respond, it's pretty easy to guess.
When they don't actually try to help you to alleviate a certain situation, it's kinda obvious that it's the superiority complex, if there exists such a thing.

(iii) Hating People
Although this is related to (ii), it's more personal.
I remember saying that I'd rather avoid conflicts...but when conflicts come to me, the debater in me is unleashed and all hell breaks loose.
So far I haven't reacted too badly, I think.
When I hate or dislike people, I try to find the reason. In most cases, I end up hating myself for hating the person, especially when I realise that I may not be a good enough person to start judging people and labelling them either 'likeable', 'tolerable to a certain extent' or 'despicable'.
Last night I could find no answer to this hate. Which led me to this certain feeling of relief.
I haven't had the enjoyment of hating someone for a long time. Especially when it's hate at first sight.
I'll remember the name, the face, and the words. Seriously though, I'd rather forget the words.
Still, the person is too grating to even deserve a space in my memory.

Yes, I know that this entry exposes the bitter side of me - A side that is writhing to get out and wreck turmoil to seek revenge.
So what am I to do now? Especially when I'm confronted with this abominable, haughty excuse of a *****?
Just give the thing a smile that wishes it an unbearably painful misery; A sadistic smile that is oblivious to whatever the thing has to say or do.
This will be one smile that is the most effortless of all.

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com