Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Comme Il Faut

Comme il faut (Fr.)
- lit.
as is necessary
-
correct in behavior or etiquette

Source: Oxford American Dictionary
“Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively” ~ Voltaire

In that case I am certifiably mad. As in, angered to a point of physical retaliation, or an acidic retort.

It is inevitable. It has happened to our seniors in the previous years, and will continue to happen in the future. It's impossible to built this sense of camaraderie when there are just too many people that your personal space gets invaded, and when an amiable offer is returned by what is in essence impudence.

I hardly think I am abusing my seniority. The fact that other people share my sentiments _must_ mean something.

It's amazing how emotions can cloud one's perception. Amazing and dangerous, definitely. Between two people sharing some similarities - be it blood ties, appearance or even behaviour - our prejudices can tell them apart and react to what we see as deserving to each party in question.

I swear, if I'm ever peeved again by that wench, I won't hold back.

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com