Monday, July 12, 2010

Onus

Onus - (L.) accountability/responsibility;
1. A duty or responsibility that is a source of anxiety, worry, or hardship
2. A mark of discredit or disgrace
3. Responsibility for an error or crime


I know I'm not supposed to blog as much as before, with the little time we have before that fateful day we call our Final Professional Examinations, scheduled to be on May 23, 2011.

But it's hard to deny what is essential our identity. To change what one is already too accustomed to, to change one's own rhythm. Such is the power of habits; so difficult to break.

So taxing is the change on my psyche that I succumbed to an illness - a minor one, but an illness all the same - within the span of 24 hours. Perhaps, God Willing, I'll still be able to attend class tomorrow, as long as this malaise resolves and my energy returns to my veins.

Sometimes it's just much easier when you have no other choice. It's "You have to do this!" all the way, without any room for a "Maybe".

It's the same with Medicine. Quoting Dr. S one week ago, since we are presently fifth years, we are "no longer juvenile". In other words, there is no excuse to screw up.

Compare that to Dr. A's "Now's the time to make mistakes. The only time you're not given such liberty is during the exams".

I personally am more inclined to the second school of thought. But the first is correct too - as long as one's basics are sound, then one should be all right.

...Honestly, God deserves more Faith to be put in Him. More than we could ever possibly give.


----------------
Now playing: ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D - Complication
via FoxyTunes

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com