I can feel it. Something breaking in me - whether it is the last bit of my patience, my humanity, or my sanity, I have no idea.
Dear God, I'm surrounded by laziness and incompetence and inefficiency and utter nonsense. Not to say that I'm the best and the most capable person in the ward (or the department, but whatever), but at least I take my job seriously and think of people!
I can't function like this.
So much hate. So much despair...so much regret.
The only thing heavier than my footsteps to work, is the despair burdening my bosom.
Fortunately enough, rare though as they may be, there are those occasions that I could share some laughter, a jovial chat and the promise of some gastronomic indulgence. Though I do wish, every so often, for this distance from home to just disappear, because there are times that one just need the friendly reassurance that it's not just one person - you - against this mad, mad world.
Not forgetting, a certain smile that could light up my dark and grievous world, an infectious laughter, and a bundle of memories that could bring this...pleasant sense of gastritis (that possibly no proton pump inhibitor could ever resolve).
And this prayer that I extend to Him the Almighty.
They are the small beacon of hope - possible the only factors that still enables me to go on...but how further and how long more?
Current Music: Domino - Jessie J.
P/s: Karniza, dude, you are right...It seems like lately all I am capable of putting down into words is depressing. Shall I refer myself to a psychiatrist?




