The world today is not the same as before. Different generations act and respond differently.
I don't know if my realistic (read: pessimistic) standpoint is to blame, but I seem to think that things are more complicated than they appear to be. As in, there are aspects that are just beyond our control, that the outcome is not as simple as either A or B. My parents, on the other hand, equipped with their own life experiences, tend to think that their views are right - or, more right than mine, whatever that is supposed to mean.
Yes, occasionally there will be debates in the house. In a way I do appreciate the fact that they let me voice out what I think (despite my feeble hopes of emerging as the champion, pfft!), rather than telling me to just shut my mouth and nod reluctantly to whatever they were saying.
They make the wrong comparisons.
I tend to get emotional because they don't seem to see the reason behind my arguments.
They say that all that I have come to know - and adore - will bring me nowhere but towards a disastrous end.
I say that time is not my side - yet. Is it not the Holy Quran that said that man is ever hasty? ["Dan memang manusia bersifat tergesa-gesa" (17:11)]
At the end of the day their skepticism placed me in doubt...and I get bitter all over again.
Bitter and grieved.
Current Music: Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - Kelly Clarkson
Monday, June 04, 2012
Clash of Postulations
Penned by ad. Lucidus at 10:22 pm
Labels: anguish, POV, religion, sturm und drang




