Saturday, September 08, 2007

Inochi wa Michi mitai naa..

They say that the people of my country are bad drivers. Kiasu-ness roam free, mat rempit race on the roads 'coz they're not good enough for the real tracks, honks go off like some sort of an orchestrated piece of some random sounds strung together to be called 'music', people act like they own the road...and the endless list goes on.

As for me...I frankly consider myself as a decent driver.

Decent goes beyond the fact that I've never raised the finger to anyone, even when I've lost it (Seriously, I doubt I'd be using that tactic anyhow...). I've never honked at anyone, even when I was caught be surprise or things like that. I criticise a bit, and then let it go.

So imagine my fury when I got honked at for more than ten times.

Geez, people are so annoying!

It wasn't entirely my fault. The clutch was heavy that it didn't respond to my commands immediately. And because of the imbalance between the clutch and the accelerator, the engine ends up dead. Prolly more than twenty times.

Oh, heck.

If that isn't bad enough, there are times when I had to wait to get the engine ready to move the car after I restarted the engine.

Gahhhhh.

So my driving skills is nothing to be proud of. I don't have enough practice (so, apparently, driving a Kancil around doesn't even define practice) simply because there's no suitable car for me to use!

And no, I don't think I'll be asking for a car anytime soon ('soon' here refers to within the next six or seven months). I mean, yeah, in a way I do need it (actually, the scale's a bit heavier to the "Need" side rather than the "Want") since my campus if quite far from town.

But to argue against that, there are other education institutes that are even farther. In fact, I can name two.

Cycling to class is pretty cool. A healthy lifestyle, anyone?

But the main reason is, I don't want to be accused of being spoiled. The previous generation survived walking to class, so for me, who cycles, one can already say that it's a luxury.
It's not like the case of cell phones, mind you.

A lecturer did comment that we had it easy, and we became lax as the result. I have to agree, despite the sharp stab in my conscience.

Money is another. Studying uses a lot of money, and I'm not even halfway there. Asking for a car now? God...

...I sense that there'll be a continuation to this. Someday, somehow.


Current Music: Hanafubuki - ACID

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com