Thursday, September 06, 2007

mixed

In his own way, my father is a funny guy.

He went to Beijing a few weeks back, and he was sweet enough to message me, asking if there was anything in particular that I'd like him to get. Of course, I didn't say what I wanted in particular - my mind was too caught up with reading (whether it was studying or one of the novels that I recently bought, I cannot recall...) that my insatiable materialistic wants was brushed off aside.

End of scene one. Start scene two.

Today he was saying something about having bought an iPod. In Beijing.

I remarked that buying an iPod is rather a waste, since, unlike other mp3 or mp4 players, it is incapable of recording or playing the radio.

Moving on to scene three.

I found one on my shelf.

Scene three-point-five: I didn't know how to react.

My deduction skill took over. This had to be a fake. I mean, no offense or anything, but China is somewhat known for unoriginal things. Especially since he did mention back in the shop (where scene two took place) that he bought it for a cheap price. Said price also happened to be at least one-fifth of the cheapest iPod anyone can find on the face of the Earth.

Still, it was awfully sweet of him to buy it. My reasoning stated that he'd probably saw the Apple Inc. logo and automatically thought that my sister and I (yup, he bought two...) would love it to death. Yeah, we do have this predilection for Apple, but still...

...It's funny. Really.

If anything, it shows that he supports our Apple hemi-mania. Or, the other way of looking at it would be that he's OK with the idea of his daughters' helpless addiction to music...something he has, many times, deemed or condemned as worthless and distractful.

That being said, I still love my father (although I'd never say this outright). Even if he did make me wait for more than 20 minutes at the LRT station.


Current Music: Garnet Moon - Shimatani Hitomi

Your Brain is Purple

Of all the brain types, yours is the most idealistic.
You tend to think wild, amazing thoughts. Your dreams and fantasies are intense.
Your thoughts are creative, inventive, and without boundaries.

You tend to spend a lot of time thinking of fictional people and places - or a very different life for yourself.

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com