Sunday, May 17, 2009

停止

Yui says "Halt, in the name of all that is Holy!"

In life, you just have to know when to stop.

Time goes on, and as do you, with your daily undertakings. The problem arises when the two are not in tandem with each other. That is, you fall behind Time because of any delay of some sort, be it procrastination, slowness, attention deficit disorder, or a combination of them.

They say one thing leads to another.

Why is it that my search - or rather, practically every single thing I do lately - only managed to haul me further away from what I'm supposed to do and where I'm supposed to be?

Guilt alone is powerless to put an end to all this nonsense. Because the 'dot' that is representing the 'full stop' is too small, that the most it could ever achieve is probably cause me to stumble a bit...but my misguided disobedience will quickly catch my step, and I continue forward, straying away from my greater goals as if nothing had happened...

...Forward, walking deeper into that sinful realm of shallow and temporary fulfillment. Shallow, but still capable of drowning those who allow themselves to be taken in without struggle.

The point of no return is nigh.

Ambition,
Thy flame hast dimmed, and I am without lustre,
no light, no direction, no vigour,
Return my being to where I once stood
before the currents had swept me aside,
before everything else slips out of reach,
before Regret takes me over.

(c) ad. Lucidus, 2009


Current Music: Under the Darkness - Kamui Gakupo, Kaito & Kagamine Len

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com