Thursday, August 13, 2009

Family Medicine: First(?) Impressions

Perhaps it is not too late to have first impressions in the second week into the posting.

1. It has a certain warm feeling to it. I suppose it should, since we _are_ talking about patient-centred approach.

2. No thanks to H1N1, the number of our field visits will likely be reduced. This doesn't stop the Community Medicine group from their Ulu Tembeling trip...

3. Thanks to H1N1, we're presented with how the public health people deal with such pandemic. The polyclinic I was posted in was crowded with so many people coming with Influenza-like Illness. Notwithstanding, chronic cases like Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension were (are?) aplenty...

4. Patient's compliance? With some people, you'll have more luck making rocks bleed.

5. Role-play. Summary: I've too much formality and no empathy. Tsk.

6. Today's geriatric visit in Dungun. Maybe it is a misnomer, since there were a handful of those whom you might not regard as elderly...
Suffice to say, it opened my eyes - that those unfortunate are not few in numbers. So really, we have every reason to be thankful with what we already owned...
Bukit Besi was a nice place to stop for our side-programme. Now I see why there are those who enjoy photography so much...

7. Am presently contemplating whether I should return home for the weekend or not, since it's one weekend in which Saturday will be free from any class...

8. ...Internet connection, why so unreliable!?

Current Music: Smile Ichiban Ii Onna - An Cafe

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com