Friday, August 14, 2009

Scenic

New discovery: Photography isn't so bad. Recalling the sweet events of yesterday's main side-programme (the secondary side-programme involved stuffing ourselves with loads of keropok lekor, and I must say that the keropok lekor in Terengganu holds a special place relative to other keropok lekors in my heart), I realised that it was almost automatic that I whipped out my PDA - Hidenori-kun - out from the safe confinement my bag had provided him with, and started gathering pieces of the wonderfully photogenic scenes around me with clicks of the button.

I mean, there were other cameras to capture people amidst the panoramic view, but I wanted the _feel_ of the place - majestic, enveloping the people within, but at the same time, warm and welcoming. The calming effect of various shades of lush green amidst the spectrum of sky blue backdrop, with tints of shadows where the lights hover tentatively with the occasional breath of wind, and solid, brown wood of the trees and woodwork.


I've always adored waterfalls, perhaps attributed to how the water appears to be lively and makes a bold statement in its own wordless way, but this is classic. It is a physical embodiment of paradox - in which, in spite of the harsh sound of the collision as the falling water joins its other self, there remains lingering traces of calmness around it.







Would it be too far off to say it's a chance to be one with nature, to enjoy her in her simple yet exquisite beauty, after ages of being surrounded in metal and steel, imprisoned in the concrete jungle and pillars of iron poles?

...It gave a soothing effect after a momentary period of discontent from being confronted with the less than fortunate - a fact that life in this world can be indescribably rough.

Yes, it was so worth it to come out into the open air, despite the short episode of drizzle and fears of falling ill from deliberate exposure to it upon our arrival.

Still, my only regret was to have accidentally left my camera Renji-kun behind, despite several times reminding myself to bring him along.

Other pictures - inclusive of us, the people! - can be found in Facebook (where else?) in relevant albums.

Current Music: milky way - P'UNK~en~Ciel

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com