Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Compilations #7

Uncreative title is uncreative. My mind's a cluttered library, that the best entry I could come up with is no more than numbered paragraphs on different matters.

1. One branch of knowledge that never fails to fascinate me has always been language and etymology. So I was trying to concoct a proper title for my e-logbook when I decided to see what possible words could replace "student"...and I found that the word "student" traces back to Latin's studere, which is related to studium, which means "painstaking application" (Source: Oxford American Dictionary).
What does this mean? That the road a student must tread upon is littered with pain (or sources of them).
Aye. Whoever said life would be easy?

2. The weather has been a bit kinder of late. Thank God. I'm still praying for rain, though...

3. It's true that people can change. But whether it's for the better or for the worse...well, I'd like to know the variables to do the formula.

4. Why do we lament over the things that we do not possess? Is it too difficult to churn out those that we already have the luxury of owning to their fullest potential, putting our utmost faith in God that He Knows when the time is right to bestow us with some of the things that we presently lack?

5. Oh dear. We're already in our tenth week!? So that means we'll just a few months away from fifth year!

6. Do not cross the line. The line is there - whether or not one can see it, it is still there. It may not be humongous in size or brightly fluorescent for one to see with the naked eye, but at least have enough sense - or common courtesy - to not go overboard.
We all have our limits. We try to stretch out the threshold, so for the love of God let's not make each others' tasks more difficult than they already are.

----------------
Now playing: Savage Garden - To The Moon And Back
via FoxyTunes

P/s: Clinic again tomorrow. Oh my God. *headdesk* Still, it's worth noting that perhaps Ophthalmology won't descend to become my least favourite Specialised posting. Or my _least_ favourite posting, for that matter...

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com