Some things are just beyond me.
I recall a conversation I had once with a good friend of mine during secondary school, in which I remarked that I'd consider Einstein to be more ingenious if he could put his explanations in simpler terms. She replied that it's because he was such an unparalleled genius that his thinking exceeds that of an average person's, hence the capability to think of things that we the little people could never think of.
Well, I _was_ a young, unmindful teenager back then. Maybe I was at fault for not bothering to find a simpler explanation for his Theory of Relativity. But never mind - my physics-depraved mind no longer swings that way after having four years stripped away from that privilege.
Everybody moves at his or her own pace. Keeping up with them can be tough - not to say that social networks make it easier. I mean, my FB is just like a Touch-and-Go sensor - I go online and only if I feel like it (which is rare, tbh) I sign in, then I sign out. Call me a bad friend, whatever, but the truth is, there's too many things for me to read there. God Knows if it's my short attention span, but I'd be honest to you - I just can't catch up. May I blame the time lapse?
Some people move too fast for me, some people just dropped out of communication. So does yours truly.
Is it okay to lag behind in certain aspects? Some are racing like their lives depend on it, some are taking a stroll to just enjoy the view. No matter how it may appear to you, I like having things to my rhythm - it feels like it would agree more to how nature and fate would eventually unfold themselves, to open up to my comprehension and wait for my appropriate (or inappropriate?) response.
But I dream a dream that will forever be unfulfilled. Because the Earth travels in her own speed, her own direction - and the pace in some places is established by superiors who probably are not worth the dime they're paid.
I do wish people would understand this entire "personalised rhythm". Of course, we can't forever demand things to be the way we want them to be. Perhaps adults work around this by either a) taking the initiative to make change or progress, or b) just keep their mouths shut and move on. It's the brats who complain, isn't it? Or so they say.
But I quote a line in a book by Will Thomas that I find suitable to retort to a certain opinion people have with this meagre bundle of pixels in the vast number of other webpages on this virtual landscape; "Complaining is the only civilised form of regress".
Naturally, there will only be chaos if everyone instills his or her own brand of direction and speed - because such an effect would only bring disorder.
Why is it that there's no proper traffic light to regulate the traffic in one's life?
How does one live when he is powerless amidst the Present, yet intimidated by the Past and fearful of the Future?
----------------
Now playing: Lifehouse - Halfway Gone
via FoxyTunes



