To me, any revelation is always greeted by at least three different sentiments: some joy, some indifference, and mostly fear. Because knowledge is power, and sometimes power can be abused, other times to be feared.
I've figured out at least some part of the answer to my "meaning of life". Hold your horses before you yell out "God and religion, obviously! Wake up, woman!" to me, because I assure you, while you are not wrong (very not wrong, in fact!), I must remind you that I have an inherent ability to complicate things beyond your imagination.
And allow me to present to you my findings, as I see fit:
Blurry is the line
as I see those things
as I think of others
The world you see
A splash of colours, celebrating life
And yet to me
I see a range of gray
More dark than white
With occasional blind spots
They say "Never lose hope"
But I miff, bittered
By the past, by these wounds
Another say, "No expectations,
no disappointment"
Here I tremor,
Not in seeing the error
Of my ways or thinking,
But in anger.
"What, pray tell!"
I yearn to counter
"Tell me how the two differ?
You put your thinking in the future,
I put anticipication in mine"
And so they, enraged, rebuke,
"Nay, you put pessimism!"
"Again, my good people,
where do they differ?
where do you draw the line?
"To anticipate what could go wrong,
surely you need some dark clouds.
Yet you accuse me of pessimism,
loathing it as if it were poison.
And I, if I could,
would say that your optimism,
is just your delusions, your blindness
blanking out those you wish not to see,
your denial."
But no, I have not the will
And so I smile weakly,
praying that the weakness is not my will,
"Here, alas, we part ways,
we agree to disagree.
For our past differ so greatly,
we may never see eye to eye,
but I implore you, as I pray I shan't,
to never lose Respect."
----
(c) ad. Lucidus, 2011
Current Music:
Sweet Serendipity - Lee DeWyze