Friday, February 18, 2011

Intermission #18

1. Dear God, words cannot describe how I hate the hot weather so. It's crazy - just before the CNY break I was shivering from the cold weather, as it was the rainy season. And now...the brightness of the sun causes my head to throb, and I get irritable quite easily.

Perhaps one day I should get my thyroid status checked...

But yeah. Too hot, that I almost can't sleep at night, which then causes me to sleep in the daytime. Pfft. What a way to wreck my sleeping schedule.

2. There are things that I get afraid of somewhat too easily. People may say it's displaced - could this baseless fears be paranoia?

3. Psychiatry is starting to give me some emotional strain. It's tiring - it's like one can hardly get a straight conversation with a patient, and almost each session with the lecturer played out like a game; I had no idea if I was being analysed, and was somewhat thrown offtrack when a lecturer asked me if I was depressed when I couldn't give an answer satisfactorily.

But I wonder, how it would be like to see people through their eyes. To be able to delve into people's personalities just by observing their facial expressions and listening to their words...

Part of me thinks it'll be a burden. Sometimes ignorance could be bliss, and sometimes knowledge can be deadly.

...And thus, I realise that Psychiatry is not really for me...as a serious profession.

Current Music: 「夢」 ~ムゲンノカナタ~ (TV Ver.) - ViViD

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com