They say never let fear take over.
I don't know if it's just some ironic coincidence, but I seem to recall that this is not the first time that my exams happen to take place at a time when trouble is brewing at another part of the world. Some time before it was the tsunami, then there was also the flood...and now, the genocide in Libya, and my exams are in three days' time.
It was during clinic with a lecturer yesterday when he brought up the issue, which I shamefully displayed my ignorance on the issue. Dr. U was saying how a bit of depression is good - I quote, "depressed people have better reality testing" and "those people who never had an episode of depression have high tendency to become overconfident" and they might terrorise other people, "like what Gadaffi is doing".
So there. Meanwhile, here I am, getting all jittery and depressed for the coming exams, and in an attempt to allay those uneasy feelings, I try to be thankful that the situation wasn't any worse...and I started thinking how bad things are for other people.
Needless to say, out of that exercise...I get more depressed.
Yeah, it backfired.
God Help Us all.
Current Music: No Moral (TV Size) - Itou Kanako
Friday, February 25, 2011
Intermission #19
Penned by ad. Lucidus at 7:27 pm
Labels: anguish, decadence, people, pre-exam tension, sturm und drang



