Saturday, August 19, 2006

Okane

'Is there anything better than to be longing for something, when you know it is within reach?' - Greta Grabo

I don't see myself as a shopaholic. Really, I kid thee not. But as an average shopper, I still feel anguish when I see price tags at the mall.

One may argue: You're paying for the quality, so it's okay to pay big bucks for it. But let's face it, not all pricey stuff are good in terms of quality, and likewise, not all pricey stuff are actually worth the money at all.

I wonder what power do brands have that they manage to impact our psychology. A shirt for over one hundred bucks? Surely the manufacturers are joking!

And yes, I'm starting to be wary of sales. While it is refreshing to see 50% off or even 70% off, but don't you ever wonder if they had, in fact, raised the price prior to the sale, that in the end, despite the so-called sale, you're still paying for...say, not too far away from the original price?

I mean, it's bad enough to have heard that some food supplement manufacturers have been somewhat...vile in the case of those who stretch the truth - lying on the food labels.

So what _can_ we trust nowadays?

For one thing, I think it's acceptable to say that the world today, as we know it, is moving towards destruction, no thanks to humans who are too greedy in searching for material wealth in that they deceive others.

Money is becoming our first priority. Let's be realistic here - without money, one can hardly survive. Heck, to even lead a life without the luxury would be quite hard.

Temptations. Need I say more?

I'm sorry for spending. I don't think I overdid it, because...well, let's just say that the rational part of me kept my head in the vicious game of shopping.

All these bickerings within me is starting to be a pain. I do wish it won't be too damaging for my emotional and psychological health.

Otherwise...well, best not go into it.

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com