I present here two lines: "The truth will set you free" and "Truth is bitter". Take your pick.
Of course, this would depend on what kind of 'truth' are we speaking of. Usually one would go to the ultimate pain just to hide awful truths so...I'd have to go for the second. And no, I don't think it's only the pessimist of me speaking when I said that.
Setting oneself free...perhaps it's true when it concerns God. Before the 'freedom', one still has to go through the bitterness of it all
"You still don't trust in Him, do you?"
It's not just a question of trust. It's about me, whether I can actually pass this so-called test. Even if I were to 'score', how will it affect the rest of my future? I mean, all this stress is doing injustice to my physical and emotional health - is the transient moment of euphoria in this world worth all the trouble and pain I had to go through?
We all know the answer to that: "You're here for the life after this one".
There, I'm tongue-tied. But we're on a bridge that connects this life to the Afterlife, yes? If my bridge is burnt before I was to actually cross, what is my option?
I still have to make sure my bridge is strong enough to withhold the pressure and forces (external or internal) imposed on it. Perhaps we're too concerned with the beginning and the end, that we bothered less about the intermediate. Life is a journey, and we know where our _real_ destination once we breathe our last breath.
It's about maintenance too.
Current Music: Travelling - Utada Hikaru
Friday, August 25, 2006
Shinjitsu
Penned by ad. Lucidus at 3:30 pm
Labels: incongruity, life, POV



