"What strikes me is the fact that in our society, art has become something which is only related to objects, and not to individuals, or to life" ~ Michel Foucault
I remember the time when the Government suddenly decided to implement an idea that is not _half_ as drastic as teaching Science & Maths in English - introducing a literature component in both of the main languages taught in my school. I must have been 14 or 15 at the time, because I did not learn about this revolutionary topic until I was 16, and because said topic was absent in my syllabus prior to that.
I had no complaints about learning literature. I can appreciate some form of art, although what I enjoy may be unacceptable to others (examples include my choice of anime and songs). To each his own, people say. Some artworks are called as such because of their abstract nature, some long-winded, which invites several interpretation and thus, several angles of aesthetics.
What I like about art is that there is freedom, where you don't have to recreate it as it is.
Whether the audience will accept it or not is another matter. What's important is that you are able to produce a result that you yourself are proud of, one that you can find a sense of achievement and joy in. What makes this concept an oxymoron is when I adamantly admit to disliking the subjects of art, essay and literature during my schooling days because they took away the liberty of artistic impulse.
Some may find it odd - I, one who would rather avoid conflicts, am actually a silent rebel who despises authority and limitations. Ha-ha.
...Is that the source of my problems which gives me a truckload of stress that should last me a lifetime?
The way I see it, the internal conflict of what-self-wants-against-what-authority-dictates can only be resolved by finding a common ground, the same aim. Unfortunately this doesn't put a total end to the said conflict, because to reach the same destination, there are at times, several means of doing it.
Still, I remember frowning upon seeing a different interpretation of a literature study we did compared to my own take on the issue. I let it go, to the extent that I forgot what _was_ the issue in the first place.
[COMPLAINT]
What brought this on? My new posting. Surgery. The fact that we are only allowed to leave the ward legally at five p.m.
I won't be too perturbed if the ward was not too packed with people.
Visiting hours start from one to seven p.m. I don't feel comfortable clerking and examining patients whose relatives are present! We're all humans, for God's sake!
Clerking book. Let's not go there...Suffice to say, it consumes time and energy.
More frequent attacks of tiredness. What is this, chronic fatigue syndrome ka?
A proper place to study in the ward would be nice. I cannot accept the part about "if you want to study, do it back in your hostel/room". If we have more time at night, I'd gladly comply.
There's also the challenge against my values in life, and how I view people as a whole.
[/COMPLAINT]
I shall end it here for tonight. For the future doesn't seem too bright, and my duties by no means easier.
Current Music: Death Wish - Gackt Camui



